I am a diet dummy and just getting more confused.

I started atkins this week and i have the book to go by and i downloaded some apps to track my foods. They all say something different.
The book says that one egg is .6 net grams.
One app says is is 3 net grams.
The other says it is 4.3g.
It was just a plain scrambled egg with NO mild and about 1 ounce of cheese.
So i would think it would be .6 grams for each eggs, then .1 gram for each oz of cheese. That is what the book says.
Should i go by the book or the apps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Apr. 25, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Ugh...why not eat regular foods in the right calorie range and drink water isntead?!

not being mean, but seriously- diets SUCK
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2012

• I did this diet before and I think I lost 3 pounds in two weeks but began to actually gain weight after that so I stopped. But you're right , it starts getting very confusing when everywhere you go you get different information. Go with the highest one. When I lost weight I counted calories and when I had many different info about certain foods I always went with the highest one and that's the amount I wrote down on my daily intake. Good luck!
    themodestgal

Answer by themodestgal at 10:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2012

• I noticed that too with apps and online websites. Everything has a different calorie, carb, etc. amount. I guess pick one and try to go by that. It does suck when you are trying to count calories. I usually try to use what's on the package over anything else. Eating out sucks because all the apps say something different in regards to the actual calories of a fast food item. I am trying to eat Paleo, so I just eat the meat.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:19 AM on Apr. 25, 2012

• Diets are a temporary fix; a healthy lifestyle will last the rest of your life

Answer by rkoloms at 2:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2012

• me being a bookworm i would go with the book, i don't trust the apps, to many glitches messes stuff up.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2012

• I would probably go with the book but if you really want Atkins to work you should forget about net carbs and substitutions first 2 weeks try to just go for foods that actually have 0 carbs (not 0 net carbs because whatever cancels something out and so it works on the glycemic index junk), I know lots of people who have done it and those who count net carbs usually don't get good results while those who do carbs in general usually do experince much better results. I wish I could stick to it long enough to have those results but I'm a carboholic
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 4:05 AM on May. 3, 2012