How do you tell your kids about not talking to strangers or accepting rides etc from them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i told my dd not to talk to starngers unless i am with her i told her if i am with her and somebody says hi she can say hi back but if i am not around then dont say anything at all .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Go to take25.org they have alot of ways you can talk to your kids and teach them.

Answer by gemgem at 3:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• do you talk to them about it often..sometimes I get the feeling I'm either putting fear into my son or he's not taking it serious enough...
    Anonymous

• I teach self protection. Meaning they are responsible for doing the job of staying as far as they can out of the grip of strangers. They are not to talk or go with strangers unless mom is with them. I have told my kids that bad strangers could rape or kill them. So they need to obey this without fail. But my kids are not left anywhere with strangers either.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You have to remember that strangers are people you don't know. People forget that bad people are some times family, friends, or neighbors too. It's hard to explain that to kids. I just nver let my kids out of my sit. If posible.

Answer by louise2 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Safe Side Super Chick DVD its awesome - It was created by the baby Einstein lady and John Walsh ( from Americas Most Wanted) It goes thru having " safe people" , "kinda knows" and " dont knows" in an easy to understand ( my 2 year old kinds gets it) to my 9 year old niece . I love it and tell ppl about it all the time !

mama516

Answer by mama516 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• we actually got the safe side dvd and watched it repeatedly with our son (he LOVED it!) It explains things very well and is easy to talk about!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Safe Side is a great video.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 10:39 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• safe side is the way to go. I bought for my 5-year-old boy and he loved it. And I thought it said things the way I would never think of.
    tuquinha

Answer by tuquinha at 5:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2009