Welfare fraud penalities?

Ok so my dd knows a girl and this girl has been lying to the state for years and collecting food stamps and cash aid. In any case apparently its caught up with her and nows shes under investigation for Food stamp fraud among other things (whatever the cash aid shes under investigation for that fraud too). My dd feels she deserves it (karma and all that) but shes wondering what is going to happen to said friend. Is she going to jail? Will they just take her aid away? Is she going to lose her kids? Etc ETC. Anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Will have it took away plus other possible current or future programs.
    May face jail time and financial penalities for the investigation costs.
    Pay money back.
    May be investigated by child welfare due to her actions since may question her as a parent.
    I work in this field,legal dept so i know that this is some of what she is looking at depending on her state.
    Anonymous

• Oh they will take it away all right and make her pay back money and maybe send her to jail depending on how bad it is. She will also be banned from getting welfare anymore.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Thanks I was just wondering since well we dont have exp with this LOL. I cant believe she did what she did or that it took so long to catch up with her. Her bf turned her in when they broke up.
    Anonymous

• That is so sad. IF her children ever do need help she can't get it. I don't care- punish the parent(s?) but it just seems cruel to punish the children that did nothing wrong.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2009