What does our taxes pay for?!?!?!

I already asked this question and to the !@#$%'s who answered PLEASE go back and read my reply at the end of it because it was not a drama question..
Now. WHAT DOES OUR TAXES GO TO? SERIOUS QUESTION!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• A little bit of everything. They go to pay for school funding, roads, hwy building, social services programs, medicare, WIC, stuff like that. Every state also has their own budget so if you look at your own state site you can try and find out what your state does with the fed money and state taxes and always call you senator or govenor and ask.

Answer by gemgem at 4:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• police , fire protection, road maintanance, schools. all city state county and federal employees saleries. the saleries of all the men and women in the military. social security. madicare medicade welfare wic. park maintance local state and federal. maintanence of the federal museums in washington dc. the upkeep of the memorials and statues. everywhere, I am sure there are thousands of other things that our taxes pay for.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 4:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Thanks GemGem. That is all I wanted to know.
    Anonymous

• yw and lyndall is also correct it goes to all those things also.

Answer by gemgem at 4:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Somebody forgot to say we pay for the army, navy, national guard-all the servicemen and their salaries, and the cost of the wars going on, to pay for the tanks and armored personel carriers and all, even bullets and rifles.
    Anonymous

• OP here. Does anyone have a link or a website to offer so I can check out what my state funds?
    Anonymous

• Knowing what state you are in would help, OP.
    Anonymous

• Alabama.
    Anonymous

• There are literally hundreds of things that are paid for in total or in part by our taxes, and it varies from state to state as well as federally. Try google.

Also, if you don't want responses like the ones you received earlier, don't phrase your question in such a way as to assure that those are exactly the responses you will receive. I don't believe for a second that you didn't want drama when you feel the need to push abortion into the issue.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Jespeach. I already said for the 5th time that I said "other than abortion" so people would not answer and say "abortion" then start a huge ass debate over it.
    THAT'S why I said that so NO ONE would reply saying "abortion" so someone else could come along and fight about it.
    I never not ONCE said ANYTHING about it funding abortion. If I really was trying to start drama I wouldn't have tried to defend what I meant and if I was really trying to start drama I wouldn't have explained myself. and If I really was trying to start drama I wouldn't have asked another question specifically asking for legitimate answers!
    By saying that I was trying to AVOID drama if you go back and reas my replies.
    I asked that question, got off the net for a little while and came back to see a load of rude answers.
    Anonymous