What do you wish you had brought to the hospital?

Packing my bag and wondering what I might be missing for myself. I am bringing one nightgown (it's sort of old and missing some buttons but I figure it'll get dirty anyway), sock slippers, 1 shirt and 1 pair of yoga pants, nursing tank, 1 nursing bra, toiletries, camera, boppy, baby's stuff of course, and some food. Is that enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That sounds pretty good. The only thing that I forgot to pack (didn't think I would need) is baby wipes. My hospital did not provide them, and told me to use a washcloth. Needless to say, my sister ran to her car and got me an extra pack of hers and my husband brought some of ours up later.
    It if course, was a personal choice. Some may choose to use the cloth ones, we did not.
    Blessings to you and the new baby!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• socks, and a comb..lol
    007wifey

Answer by 007wifey at 4:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Chapstick.
    Something that you may want to think about is a brand new night gown and maybe robe. There are nightgowns suitable for nursing, too. After delivery and all the sweat and mess, it might be very nice for you to have a pretty new gown after you get cleaned up and when you hold your brand new little one. Pamper yourself a bit.

Answer by Bmat at 4:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• shampoo and cond. that will make u feel better after... I am also bring body wash... I want to feel clean!! and when I dont feel good a shower helps.. so that is part of my birth paln! Good Luck!!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 4:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'd say get a new (or even new to you) there are excellent thrift stores out there, but you have went thru all this work for 9 mos, make sure you have all ur buttons when you get there!!! CONGRATS !!!
    naynkiwismom

Answer by naynkiwismom at 4:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My hospital provided diapers and wipes. Check first to see what they provide and dont take it if they provide it. I took too much stuff. You will be in a hospital gown the whole time most likely so if you want to wear the PJs home take them, otherwise stick with the gown. You will be bleeding a lot and may have leakage which would be no fun in your own clothes. My hospital provided a ton of these net panties. They are not by any means sexy lol but they are disposable so you dont ruin your own. You will feel crowded enough in your bed so I would say leave the boppy home. I am gonig to bring my own toothbrush and paste and shampoo and conditioner this time. The ones they provide are cheap and they did not provide conditioner at all which I need and regret not taking.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I remember having my 1st and couldn't stand my hair in my face. I should have brought something to put my hair up.
    michelle1219

Answer by michelle1219 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• some candy and some puzzle books or something to occupy you. or an MP3 player. I also didnt see you mention a toothbrush and hairbrush for you and hubby, and a scruntchie.
    Steph_reynolds

Answer by Steph_reynolds at 5:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Your own pillows
    delta27

Answer by delta27 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• think newborn photos with mommy..don't forget your brush, toothbrush and I second the motion to get yourself at least a new robe. hosptial green looks BAD next to post labor mommy skin in photos. I also would bring my fave foundation ( or powder) and some chapstick. you will be the best looking new mommy in the hospital, and you'll feel better.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2009