i want to start a business from home that i have always wanted to do. but my husband doesn't want me to. do you think i should listen to him or follow my dream?

spouse doesnt agree with home business

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• I have a full time job and also a "work at home" job. My husband and I have been tossing around the idea of becoming Entrepreneurs for years. And it is paying off for us.

I would talk to him about how much money you could spend and do allot of research on companies. But you need to know how much time you have to spend on it, and maybe even do it together.
    DianeFL

Answer by DianeFL at 6:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• yes you should follow your dream
    mo-may

Answer by mo-may at 6:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I would did an extensive research on the type of business and have all the necessary information together (license, permits, filing 1099's, office supply expense, stationary and calling cards cost, how much personal time it would take to manage the business and what your schedule would possibly be, etc. Then I would approach him again. If your looking for financing for your start-up I would also have that information with the paperwork. Professionally file in a nice folder and make your presentation. He may see how much time you put into it and see your really serious and give you the green light. Dreams are awesome, but organized goals and dreams are better =)
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I'am lucky my husband is very supportive. I would still do it if it is what you truly want to do! Go for your dream...
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I know of a awesome home business if your interested!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2008