Did your life completly change when you husband became a Police Officer?

I'm just wondering how your families lives changed when your Hubby/SO became a Police Officer? Did they change drastically? For the good or the bad? how do you deal with him being away a lot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, he became a jerk and totally emotionally blank. We are now not together.
    Anonymous

• My dad has been a cop for 22 years, and has been married four times. They see such horrible things that sometimes its hard for them to trust, and they just kind of change all around. My dad turned into a huge cheater too. Women go for a man in uniform, and sometimes guys can't say no. Hate to freak you out, that is just how MY situation has been. Doesn't mean yours will. :)
    Anonymous

• So many have gfs. I feel so bad cuz I know the mistress and she is the sweetest girl. But the wife gained like 40 pounds in one year come on....No pregnancy just laziness so he found comfort in a skinny beautiful girl. But they all become robocops. Unless they have a few .......
    Anonymous

• Anon, Maybe the wife was depressed... it's not just the cop who is affected. You try worrying about your DH every time he walks out the door and see if it doesn't take a toll on your body. You should be ashamed of yourself for condoning cheating like that! For better or for worse...
    Anonymous

• OMG-my ex became a huge cheater too. He had 5 different women when I was pregnant alone.
    Anonymous

• Yep, they are more vulnerable to cheat with a job like that.
    They have access to a lot more things.
    Anonymous

• Mine was already in law enoforcement and my marriage ended horribly. He became increasing violent, and very obsessed with respect and authority. I was in fear for my life and finally got out, but then another nightmare began. There is the good ole boy system and they protect each other. I have been harrassed by the law enforcement and now I do not even call the local police. If i have to call, I call the state police and ask who is on duty. Depending on who, I take my chances and live in fear.
    Anonymous

• Sadly, I have to chime in with the majority of the responders here. I met my ex before he was a cop, he decided that was what he wanted to do and so - I being the supportive gf/soon to be wife agreed and let him have at it. UGH we are no longer together, I got a bit tired of the "I am a very important and powerful person, so you should worship me" attitude. This was 15 years ago. He has gotten worse and I HATE dealing with him. Thank God our daughter is now an adult so the interaction with him is little to none. He has been married 3 times, multiple affairs and relinquished parental rights on his other child to get away from paying child support for her. I wouldnt let him off that easy. His ONLY redeeming quality throughout this has been he has faithfully paid me child support until it ended (due to child turning 18) this past summer.
    I would NEVER deal with a law infourcement person again.
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 12:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• and to think i was scared before i read these. my husband is wanting to be a cop and is planning on going to school in aug. for it. hoping to be a cop next year. him cheating never even entered my mind but him dying has.
    mommaseyes

Answer by mommaseyes at 8:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2009