What age should some woman just stop

wearing junior clothes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some women should never have started in the first place
    Anonymous

• Depends on the body. Some women have a hard time understand that some outfits are a privilege not a right! Some don't get that when you are 50 and dress like you are 20 you can look 80. Just depends on the person I think. I would never tell someone how to dress though...if you've got it flaunt it!

salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I don't think juniors should wear them either. They are generally more skimpy and trashy looking. However, if they start, they should definitely stop by 18 at the latest.
    Why, what have you seen?

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• hmmm i dont think there ought to be a set "age" exactly... and i say that because i am 48 and Juniors are the only ones i can get to fit me. I know this question may stem from the women who are 48 and are trying to look 20... lol... im not one of those i promise! i am short and kinda chubby, but cannot wear the so called "womens" sizes due to porportions. i have never been able to find a pair of pants that hit my waist, rear, thighs...etc where they are supposed to, except in the Juniors dept. and it took years to discover that. i think there should be no age limit... but of course taste and discretion must be used.
    pammd

Answer by pammd at 4:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I don't mean skimpy looking junior clothes necessarily, but the really young looking patterns and jeans and just the way the clothes look like non age appropriate.
    Anonymous

• I think it should depend on their body lol. When I see people with saggy skin wearing a bikini, and yes I see it often, I think they should wear a full-piece. Or women who think they are thinner than they really are so they wear tube tops and short shorts...GAG ME! You do not wear belly shirts if you actually have a belly. lol
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I thought I was the only one who thought about this! I've seen older women walk around in clothes meant for young girls and they look silly. I'm not saying once you get older you have to start dressing frumpy its just some things don't look right on older women. Like low rise jeans with glittery butterflies all over them. I've actually seen a 60 year old grandmother wear this. I've asked my friends to tell me if I ever do this and make me stop!
    Anonymous

• lol that's exactly what I mean Anon: Like low rise jeans with glittery butterflies all over them.
    Anonymous

• HMM, I think if you can wear your 14 year old daughters clothes...you probably need to stop. I mean just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you are supposed to wear it.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 4:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I am 28 and wear clothes from the junior department:) I am a very simple person so I buy neutral clothes-I don't wear stuff with butterfiies all over it LOL!. I am also a very small girl so juniors clothes fit me much better-it sounds like a lot of you ladies are jealous:)
    Anonymous