How do you scent your home?

This may sound like a strange question, but I'm curious how you ladies like to scent your home to keep it smelling nice? I really like my home to smell fresh and clean, but nothing seems to last long. I was looking into buying some Scentports from Bath & Body Works and was disappointed that most reviews indicated the scent doesn't last nearly as long as the advertised 4-6 weeks. I have tried other brands of scent diffusers/warmers, etc. and they all seem to have the same problem.

Any tips or favorite products?

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 4:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i recently bought a SCENTSY system and i am happy with it. they have tons of scents to choose from. good luck!
    pammd

Answer by pammd at 4:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I use diffusers, Target has some good ones that aren't musky smelling and last a long time called Nectaire Reed diffuser.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Febreeze Noticeables in big rooms, Glass Scents in small ones. (not in every room, just one upstairs and one down)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• ditto the scentsy..my best friend has been selling it forever and I am addicted!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I use the bath and body works. I have the wallflowers and 1 scentport. They smell us the room real well,however you are correct that they do not last as long as they advertise. It seems sometimes that onetime it will run out real fast, then the next time it will last a lot longer. IDK. But i just like all there scents. I have used the glade ones, and they are ok. But bot my favorite. I also like the yankee ones, but they are getting harder to find around where i live. In the bathrooms i like those reed diffusers where you stick the sticks in them. my favorite one of those is the Pier One Tuscan Herb scent. Just me though, my husband doesn't like that scent so i only keep it in the spare bathroom. He preferes boring old vanilla.
    Anonymous

• They take a long time, but work well...I use Jar Candle warmers. I have a line up of candles and I put a different one on every couple of days so I dont get used to the same smell. Just be careful with kids.
    MBsMom2004

Answer by MBsMom2004 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• With candles from one of my direct sales companies!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I live by Bath & Body Works oil warmers with the scented oils! They scent a room QUICK and it stays smelling yummy! The actually warmer is 12.00 & the oils run from
    3.00-7.00 but they are well worth it!!! I recommend the Warm Vanilla Sugar and Barlett Pear :)
    aiden1337

Answer by aiden1337 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I have tried everything and nothing has worked until I started getting these candles from my MIL. Her friend at work makes them. They are triple-scented and oh so good! But then I love candles. lol
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I let my laundry scent my house. I use the simple pleasure tide detergent, the purple one. I love it. I use the laundry detergent, the liquid fabric softner in the downy ball and will occasionally throw in the fabric sheets when they go in the dryer. I find that they have a stronger more fragrant smell when I let them air dry. It's a smell that we don't seem to notice all the time, but I'm told that when people come into our house that they can smell it. My sister calls it my smell. It's well worth the more expensive price tag!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2009