Is it normal for my unborn baby to have the hickups 6-7 times a day?

StrawberryXGirl

Asked by StrawberryXGirl at 5:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes ...that is normal. It is an old wives tale that the baby will be born with a lot of hair if they have the hiccups in the womb.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 5:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• yeah it's normal. My son had hiccups all the time.
    zaksmom8278

Answer by zaksmom8278 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Yes, my boys had hiccups ALL the time when they were in my belly. It was cute, I used to enjoy watching my belly jump around!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Yes, it is quite common. My son had hiccups a lot before he was born and then kept it up the first month or so outside the womb. Doctors are split on whether it is a good or bad sign - showing either healthy development or a sign of distress - but most evidence suggests that it is fine.
    amazon_jane21

Answer by amazon_jane21 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my first had them for hours at a time and it was driving me nuts i just reminded my self that he was letting me know everything was ok so i didn't scream at the top of my lungs
    masonelismom

Answer by masonelismom at 8:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Show your appreciation to other moms...vote for your best answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yes, my daughter was hiccupping all the time...even when I went into labor(just before going to hospital)...she was born very healthy with a full head of hair..and continued hiccupping a lot for a few weeks after being born!
    gabby423

Answer by gabby423 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 20, 2008