how can i get stuff done

my baby boy is only a little over a month but wont let me put him down i dont want him to feel neglected ... even if he is sleeping and i try to lay him down he wakes up and cries until i pick him up again

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 4:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried those baby slings like a moby wrap, you can be close with him and get a lot done.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• you dont. you sit and hold your baby. pretty soon he will self entertain then you can put him down, until then, just hold him mama. He needs you.
    My baby did this, Im still catching up on the laundry, but I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I agree with the moby wrap. I wish I would have had one for my first. I am definitely using one for this baby this time. Other people like hotslings or mei tais but I prefer the moby over them all.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 4:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You do everything one handed. Or you just not do anything tell someone else can hold him.
    Or get one of those wrap thing I here about.

Answer by louise2 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Try a swing or a bouncer seat...something that keeps him on an incline and moving (i.e. vibration, swinging, bouncing). Many babies are really gassy around this age and like to be on an incline. If he still won't let you put him down...get a baby snugli or a wrap. I went through a phase with my daughter where I wore her all the time....she would sleep and I would get things done. That being said...don't worry too much about getting everything done. You have a one month old baby who needs you...the laundry and dishes will wait.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I have a Snugli carrier and it works wonders. My daughter doesn't mind being put down (at least right now, she's a month old today). But when we go in public, it's so much easier to just plop her in the carrier so we don't have to lug the carseat everywhere. It's also great to have two free hands =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• swings work wonders.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 5:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I had to wait for my break to do house work, and a one month old loves to cuddle. At 2 months he mostly hung out with me on the couch, not wanting me to hold him but to be next to me. At 3 months he was floor bound and playing. Not much has change except he is more mobile and the quilt and baby Einstein activity mat went to the whole living room as his play ground. From about 3 months on I could go and do house work in short burst with out waiting for my husband to be home to watch him. The bouncer was a life saver for a few months, but he started pulling himself on the furniture and wanted no more to do with.
    holpar

Answer by holpar at 7:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Either learn to listen to him crying or get a baby carrier you wear on your body. I like a sling for an infant but the other kind work great too. They can be purchased cheap at thrift shops. Good luck.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2009