my sister is 15 wants to have a boyfriend who is 20 and is trusting me with her personal life should i let my parents know whats going on with that or should we keep it to ourselves?

lin756

Asked by lin756 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• keep it between you two... Cant say there is alot of people you can trust in this world... your sister should be one person you should be able to trust..just keep an eye on her.. give her good advice... keep her on the right track... she's going to do what she wants to do... think back when you were 15...would you have listened to someone if you really wanted to do somthing?
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 8:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Keep it between ya'll.
    Talk to her about anything you are concerned about.
    And if you can't come to an agrrement then go to your parents
    kookiekayla

Answer by kookiekayla at 6:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• yes you should let them know becuse if he touches her in some places in mite be rape bese she is under age
    mo-may

Answer by mo-may at 6:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Yes...tell.
    Autumnlove

Answer by Autumnlove at 6:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• No. I would let her tell them. I see no problem if he is hurting her in any way or making her do thing that she does want to do than that is a different thing. I see no problem with a age difference. My husband is 28 and I am 22. When we first go together when I was 17 and he was 23 his dad told him that it was not a good idea because I was under age. But he never listened to his dad and than goodness.
    mylittleman21

Answer by mylittleman21 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I wouldn't leave it to a 15 year to tell their parent anything. She could wind up pregnant. Let's face it what does a 15 year old have in common with a 20 year old anyway?
    Anonymous

• That depends on many things. Just keep in mind that if you betray her trust she will hold it against you. Let her know that you feel that is something you can't in good conscious keep from your parents so if she wishes to pursue the relationship she needs to talk to them. If she decides to forget about the guy, keep her consideration of the relationship to yourself. If she decides to go out with him, let her know that she has a set amount of time (say 2 weeks) to tell your parents or else you will.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• How would you feel if something happened to your sister and you could have prevented it by telling your parents now? Do you know this guy? What does he like about your sister? I would worry more about your sisters well being then if she will be mad at you for a week. You should let your parents know.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 7:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Y-E-S tell because he is to damn old 4 her right now.
    Anonymous

• When I was her age I was dating guys older than that I never slept with any of them. We all know that guys are way less mature than girls. As long as she's coming to you with this you should keep it to yourself. She must feel confident with you so be there for her, cause she may get hurt but thats what being a teen is about. I was 16 and my now husband was 21 when we met. we've been together for 10 years now. Age is only a number.
    Anonymous