I am wondering why I can not concieve I have went to doctors and infertility clinics and nothing what can I do?

Smithsinfer_09

Asked by Smithsinfer_09 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you've been to clinics and they can't find anything physically wrong with you or your husband, then I'd say that perhaps you're trying to hard. Has your husband had the full fertility work-up, too?
    Anonymous

• having been through infertility tests, treatments, drugs, iuis, etc etc, it has nothing to do with trying too hard. Personally, we had great fun ttc for about the first year, before starting to wonder why I wasn't getting pregnant. Stress really is not a factor. Women who get raped are under a whole lot more stress, but they sometimes still get pregnant from the rape. If you havent already, here's a few things to try:
    (cont.)
    KateKevinAdopt

Answer by KateKevinAdopt at 6:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• (cont)

1. Make an appointment for you and hubby to see a reproductive endocrinologist. The testing is much more thorough than what you get at the obgyn.
    2, Keep in mind that 50% of fertility issues are male-related. If your hubby hasn't had a test done, he needs it done yesterday. Ask if a morphology percentage is included along with the general sprem count. That has to do with the shapes of the little guys. 6%-17% good is considered normal. Anything below 3% is basically sterile, regardless of counts. There are supplements and other things he may be able to do if this is the case (this turned out to be part of our problem)
    (cont.)
    KateKevinAdopt

Answer by KateKevinAdopt at 6:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• (cont)

3. Get your thyroid checked.
    4. Read the book "Natural Solutions to Infertility" by Marilyn Glenville. You can get it on Amazon/BN/Borders/etc. or order it at a bookstore. It explains a 4-month program of foods and supplements you should both take to get your body as healthy as possible and why this matters, and you can still do infertility treatment while you follow her ideas. After a year of clomid, shots, and 4 IUIs and no pregnancy, I did what she recommends and got pregnant almost exactly four months after starting her program.
    5. Hang in there. You will be a mother someday, it just may not happen the way you thought it would. And when it does happen, it will be wonderful.
    KateKevinAdopt

Answer by KateKevinAdopt at 6:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• The prior poster is so right. A good reproductive endocrinologist has so much more to offer you than an obgyn. Even if they can't find anything specifically wrong (unexplained infertility) they can design treatment plans for you.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009