will i ever

my byfriend and i have been together 2 and a half years, we live together and have a baby a little over a month.... he talks about marriage...but how could i know if he will ever really want to....plus i hate having a different lastname than my little one

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 4:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• if he talks about it sounds like he wants too. next time he vrings it up just say when do you want to have it and set a date. if you wait for him and you guys have a ready made family he may prolong it cause well why should he marry when you guys are like your married. so you best initiate it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You don't have to change your last name to get married. Lots of women keep their maiden name. Do what's best for you! Good luck :D
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• why would he marry when he has everything already?

Answer by admckenzie at 4:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• The fact that he's talking about it is a big plus. I'd let him know that you're interested in it too. Sometimes guys need reassurance. With my hubby we talked about it and the next week he bought me a ring (even though it took him a month to pop the question because he got scared). The only reason I know is he told me not to long ago how long he had my ring. Its sweet but they get scared too.

Kellyboot

Answer by Kellyboot at 4:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• It's time to stop guessing and ask him about your future together. You have a baby now. If he "talks" about marriage, ask him for specifics.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• The only way you can know for sure is to tell him that you want to be married and that you are leaving. If he comes after you, you will know he wants you to be his wife. If he doesn't come after you, then that will be your answer. There is a reason why women who want to be married wait until after the vows have been said before they give themselves physically to a man. He now has all the benefits of marriage but without the commitment. I truly hope he chooses you if you decide to take the risk.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009