The hospital is one hour away and my pregnancy labor pains are at least 8 minutes apart, do I need to go now

Contractions are 8 minutes apart, how long do I have for the real labor

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• "Persistent contractions that have no rhythm but are five-to-seven minutes apart or less should be reported to your physician or midwife." So I would say its worth going in :) or call your docs 24hr line
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 2:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2012

• Oh I found this one is much better "General rule of thumb is either the 4-1-1 rule. Contractions come every 4 minutes, 1 minute long (aprox), for 1 hour. If you live a distance from the hospital maybe use 5-1-1." That should help you better :)
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 2:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2012

• Call your OB/GYN's main office-they should be able to tell you if the contractions are likely to increase to 5 minutes apart soon enough. If in doubt, though, just go to the hospital-better safe than sorry.
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 3:00 AM on Apr. 26, 2012

• i would call the doctors office and see what they say. however when in doubt go.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2012

• Call your ob/gyn and ask their opinion. Stress to him/her that you are an hour away from the hospital.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2012

• It wouldn't be a bad idea to get closer to the hospital, but your contractions aren't close enough to be admitted yet.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2012

• I went to the hospital and wanled around without checking in. Even sat in food court and ate. I was there about 2 hours before I actually checked in.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2012

• I wounld go
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 3:02 AM on Apr. 27, 2012

• call your dr
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 7:18 PM on May. 6, 2012

• any news ?
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 5:58 AM on May. 8, 2012