Should the down vote button even exist?

Sometimes you have to agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with that. Why would you DV name suggestions or other stuff you think different about? I think, the number of up votes on a comment shows enough if it's a popular answer or not. If you don't like it, ignore it. Posts that are totally off could still be reported. such a racist comments and so forth. What do you think?

Pucki

Asked by Pucki at 8:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2012 in About CafeMom

• i don't care. i bet this gets down voted
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2012

• I think it is overused but it has its purpose.

If an answer to a question is seriously wrong or will lead to harm a DV shows that (hopefully)

If the answer is inapropriate as in foul language orabuse a DV is in order ( as well as a complaint to CM)

The petty use to just show you don't like a person is not.
    DV just because you can is not.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2012

• No offense, but I get so tired of this question. People who get butt-hurt over DVs need to get back on their momma's tit. Its ridiculous to get upset over a stranger that will never darken your frontdoor disagreeing with something you say on a website.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:14 AM on Apr. 26, 2012

• There are times I've thought it appropriate to use it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:38 PM on Apr. 26, 2012

• It's not an original feature. They were told this would happen when they added it, and insisted it wouldn't, yet here we are 2 years later, and they refuse to add it to other areas of the site because of how badly it worked out here. There's no reason for it to exist, and nothing would be lost by removing it.

Before we had it there was more actual discussion in questions, instead of 3 people participating and 10 more flying through to vote up and down without actually saying anything.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2012

• Bwaaaaahahahahaha, shay!
    Pucki

Comment by Pucki (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2012

• Why not? Sucky answers deserve to be down voted. But some people abuse it. I could care less if I get down voted.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 26, 2012

• When somebody gives out false information about science or law they deserve a down vote.  You can't let that crap go unchecked.  If some ding bat posted that if you raise your hands over your head while pregnant you would cause the cord to wrap around the baby's neck wouldn't you down vote her?  I would (if it wasn't obvious that it was sarcasm or a joke)  If somebody posted that a pay day loan would help your credit score, DV.  Bad advice is bad advice. It isn't always a matter of opinion.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2012

• It shouldn't exist. It's not like you get points for doing it. It's kinda lame.
    christi34

Answer by christi34 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Carry on!
    Anonymous