When should I expect a period? My son was born Nov. 30th and still nothing.

bobeare1

Asked by bobeare1 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• After the initial bleed from giving birth, i did not have my period for almost a year. I also breastfed, i know that had something to do with it
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Are you breast feeding? I didn't get my period until I started my daughter on solids. Sometimes the drop in milk production will cause your period to start...a lot of women don't get their period until they stop altogether. If not...I'm not sure how long it takes.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• my son was born nov 18 and i dont breastfeed and still havint had a period
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• It can take a while, especially if you are nursing.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• IU didn't get mine until my DS was 9 mos old, and I still BF him (he is 10 mos now). Waiting for AF #2 any day now.
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 7:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• well... i'm breastfeeding still, and i gave birth aug. 2nd and just finished my first period last week... but my mom didn't even have one until 9 months after... whenever your hormones start regulating a little thats when you'll probably start... don't worry though.. just enjoy it while you can... you've got a long time ahead of you to have a stupid period!!! lol
    sweetmama8

Answer by sweetmama8 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2009