I have to ask,

this one family tried to stay with us. they had school aged kids so we said sure. then we found out that they had four dogs! we told them they were welcome but not the dogs. it states in our lease we can't have pets. we have three kids of our own and at the time one was still in diapers. but we are the bad guy because they said that we were making them get rid of their dogs. i'm sorry but we have to think of our kids and this was two weeks before christmas. and our landlord was over almost everyday because something was wrong with the gas heater.
i think he was wrong by not telling us about those four big dogs, (i can't remember what they are called but they are the cop dogs). he says i was wrong for making them choose between their kids and their dogs.
what would you have done in our place?
would you had them stay and try to hide the dogs from the landlord?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2012 in Pets

• So they were homeless and begging for a place to stay, but it was your fault your fault they couldn't keep the dogs? It was probably feeding them that made them homeless in the first place, lol.
    Anonymous

• They should have told you about their pets (Shepherds I'm guessing since you said "cop dogs") especially since those are not small dogs. Your lease clearly says NO PETS so you can't have pets. You are not the bad guys.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2012

• i was wrong for making them choose between their kids and their dogs

i think it was wrong of them to expect you to choose between Their dogs and your Home.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2012

• No dogs.

Why lose your home for some dogs.
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 1:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2012

• how was that making them choose between kids and dogs? even if i'm just going on vacation to visit someone i don't assume i can bring my pets. i make arrangements for someone to care for them or for the pet vet to keep them. they are just trying to guilt you.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2012

• I agree that they were wrong for assuming you would take in FOUR dogs. Screw that.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2012

• thats what they german shepards. i could see them i just couldn't remember their names. yeah and at the time our landlord was a dick. he would do surprise visits even if we weren't there. he even called to let us know that he locked his keys in our house and had to break in because of it. i made sure he couldn't do that again! and he hasn't either.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2012

• You didn't do anything wrong. I don't know if there is anyone here who thinks so. Don't feel bad.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 2:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2012

• omg... you made those poor people get rid of their dogs??? shame on you... just kidding!!

I think i would've done the same thing though. Were they thinking that you were just not going to notice 4 big dogs?? lol I wouldn't feel bad. When it comes to being able to house myself or an animal, the animal would be the first to go for sure!!
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2012

• Gotta agree with anon on this one ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2012