I watched the wife swap the other night and it was a rerun but, I wanted to know something.

What exactly is a restaforad(I know that is spelled wrong)? I tried to understand everything ,lol,but kinda kept getting lost. It was the past Friday night. And "YA", I wasn't sure what that was either. I tried looking it up, but since I spelled wrong, it wouldn't come up. I hope someone knows what I am asking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• He believed in an alternative higher power to help meet his needs and families.
    I never heard of it either maybe it's his god,like a buddah,cross or something that someone else praises to.
    Anonymous

• Is it like rastafari? Or a member of the movement? Here is the wikipedia link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari_movement
    I am not sure if this is what you are talking about. Maybe you could discribe "rastafod"?
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 5:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• alot of people in the island worship him and they live a bohemian lifestyle im not sure about the religion but my steodad is one and he doesnt eat any meat or dairy product and he trys not use chemicals on his hair and skin and alot of them have dreads that they are suppose to keep covered in public from my understanding but thats all i know
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i saw a ot of that when we went to jamaica. i saw that one too. i was so frustrated watching that cause they really need to be more concerned with the kids getting to school on time etc. sometimes i can't see how some people are so wrapped into their lifestyle they don't see the harm it causes the kids. like ones that live in a bus and never stay in one place have friends or go to school. just sad.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I saw that same wife swap....that guys was something wasn't he?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I watched it too, but, you know what. I liked the laid back guy more than the marine, geez, there is no way I could live like that family. the marine looked like his face would crack if he smiled. I couldn't understand that jah, or rastifori stuff tho.So I can't help.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• That episode reminded me of a "digital short" from SNL. I found it so here is the link:http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/digital-short-ras-trent/787281/

The clip parodies the Rasta lifestyle. Enjoy!
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 6:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2009