whats an orgasmic birth?

and why would you want one?

it sounds like you would have an orgasm while giving birth, how would that be beneficial over a regular birth?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wasn't trying to be rude. As for the whole "can't have an orgasm through sex, can't have one from labor" It isn't about the feeling of a baby coming down the birth canal that gives you the orgasm. It is just turning your pain and reflecting it into pleasure. Kissing your spouse passionately and massaging. Trying to relax and go with your body. Giving birth is a very sensual process. Candle light and soft music, setting "the mood" and just being sensual in general. There are several youtube videos that are great examples of orgasmic births.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Well, lets see here shall we? Is an orgasm painful? NO. Is childbirth? (mainsteamly, ) YES! Why not have an orgasmic birth? A pleasurable one as opposed to unbearable. I am hoping for an orgasmic birth. You should really do your research, it is an amazing philosophy,
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I seen birth videos on this and it seems very beneficial:>)
    Anonymous

• oh wait a minute-ive never heard of this. how does it work? and why wasnt i ever offered it? lol sry ladies but now im curious.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• ?????? Explain this please
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I saw this on 20/20 or dateline! I would love to have an orgamic birth.
    Anonymous

• ***still waiting to find out what one is
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I've read read and read on this and still can't understand it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Sounds great! I'll take me one of those.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i was at the dr office and the tv show on channel 3 said coming up how to have an orgasmic birth. i was like what is that and is it what i think they mean by orgasmic. as the first rude poster said i should of done research but i started on here rather then online cause i like getting opinions rather then just reading what it is with no feeling. so i'll go look it up and see and get back to explaining what it says.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2009