Did you get really really tired before you went into labor?

I am 37 weeks and I have barely been able to keep myself awake and have spent pretty much the past 3 days in bed because of being so tired and having so much pain and pressure when I stand up. Is that just how it gets towards the end or do you think my body is getting ready to go into labor soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• The day that i went into labor, i was feeling kind of tired and puney. I just didn't feel good . Knid of like pressure pain, but not pain enough to think i was in labor. But the day before that, i was up and i like had to clean everything. i had to clean the tubs, toileds, sinks, mop the floor, vacuum, i was a freikin maniac. In fact that night i ended up going to the Er because i was cleaning the tub and inhaled too much of that cleaner the works, and it got to where i couldn't get my breath back. They said i breathed in and burned my throat. I don't get that but what ever. Then the next day i was in bed the whole day and that morning at 2:00am boom, my water broke.
    Anonymous

• With me, I didn't feel bad, but I just could not eat. Just didn't feel right. Not tired or anything. But everyone is different.
    Anonymous

• i think that's pretty much how it is at the end for everyone, the baby's running out of room, gaining more weight so its more pressure on your body.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 5:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• The day before I went into labor I started to feel a little off. Not really tired, but not exactly energetic. I remember being really clingy and not wanting my husband to leave the house. I had a horrible time falling asleep.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I woke up in labor, but that night was the most restfull sleep I got in 5 months. Usually i was up with acid reflux and charlie horses in my legs. I guess the baby going more down in my pelvis let me breath and relax more. Needless to say I needed that extra sleep for pushing.lol. Good luck, hope all is well with your bundle of joy.
    zachysmommy04

Answer by zachysmommy04 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I did and so did my daughter when she was about that far along. My mother told both of us that it was our body getting rested up for the hard work it is about to do. Listen to your body!
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 6:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Not me, I had a great day, had sex that night... and bingo a baby....... none of what your talking about... The only reason I knew it was real close was because in the mornings when I went to get out of bed... the baby was so low it hurt in my low pelvic area.. I could feel the head low....
    Kay300

Answer by Kay300 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2009