my daughter has a real bad cold what are some good ideas to help her sleep

my daughter has a horrible cough and wont eat, sleep and around her eyes are all red... everytime she sleeps she coughs and wakes herself up is there anything that is really good for coughs

soldierswife11

Asked by soldierswife11 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you rub vicks vapor rub on the bottom of her feet then put socks on her it will stop the cough in about ten minutes....it worked great on my grand daughter i hope it works for you too
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 5:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Give her a warm bath and use some vapor bath. I also put Vick's babyrub on my little boy. Make sure her nose is cleared out. You can clear it by using saline or a nasal aspirator. I hope she feels better soon!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• that is so true about the vapor rub and socks ! It worked for me ! I saw on the news last week that vapor rub can be dangerous for the baby .It can clog pores ,and stuff their noses (makes them stop breathing). My pediatrician didn't tell me to stop using it . I forgot to ask about it. Has anyone else heard about it ?
    hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 5:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• hollinshead- I haven't heard that, but since we have never had any problems, I'll probably still use it. I couldn't put it on my baby's feet. He just pulls his socks off and sucks on his feet. I put it on his chest and shoulders, and it was fine.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• also, something you might wanna do...

Have her sleep upright, either in the swing (if you have one) or in the car seat. If she's too old for that, try to keep her as elevated in the crib as much as possible. Have a vaporizor/humidifier, preferably a cool one, make sure the room stays moist. Use saline drops on one side at a time. After one side, suck out her nostril, then do the other side. This sucks...my DD has had this twice...it's that time of year! Good luck momma. Oh, and if you can, take her in the bathroom while you shower...that'll help a bit too! ;D
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• We plug in the vaporizer in my daughter's room when she has a cold, and we put the Vick's stuff in it. It works great and she always sleeps through the night.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 6:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• co-sleep for now, if you dont already. That's the ONLY way I could get my daughter to sleep while she was sick.
    Anonymous

• Elevate her mattress, this helps with congestion and respiratory probs. Run a humidifier in her room.
    Galinash

Answer by Galinash at 7:25 AM on Jan. 27, 2009