marriage?

my boyfriend and i have a 1 month old baby and i want to get married one day... he always says he wants to when i talk about it but never asks when i talk about it he says its a money thing or something to that matter... he says it will happen but im not so sure what should i do

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 5:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Many times men are skeptical to marry once the cart is put before the horse (having a baby first). Men say what they think we want to hear but tend to squirm out of doing it bc they sometimes realize it's not what they want...at least not now. It sounds like he's not ready to settle down and be married.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Just take it one day at a time. Let me ask you a question now. Will that piece of paper make him love you more or you love him more?Will it do something more for you. Don't get me wrong, I am not anti-marriage, I am married, but, will this make you happier. Not all marriages are happy and all that great. Some people can live together for oodles of years and be ecstatic in their relationship ,, but, some people who are married are miserable from the get go. Just take it one day at a time, and I am sure that if he wants to be married, he will ask. Some people just don't like pressure. Live today if you are already married, since you already have a family and take it one day at a time. Stop worrying so much, it may make things worse.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Just wait it out... I am 39 weeks preg. and I have been with my SO for 3+ years... He never wanted to get married and never wanted kiddo's but he always says we will someday, and I believe him, I just dont want to wait... Our friends are all married and some of them are that shouldnt be (they fight all the time) and we are happy and are starting a family (a VERY UNPLANNED Family!!) He couldnt be any happier, but he hasnt poped the ?... So I am waiting it out... Dont push the subject to much or he wont ask if he's getting ready (afarid you will think he only asked cause you complanied!!!) Good Luck and if it's ment to be than you will be married, and just think, if you wait a year or so than the baby will be able to be a part of the wedding!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 5:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• It won't be a surprise when he pops the question if you're nagging him to pop it.... that doesn't sound right...

Anyhow - I would do as the others have suggested and "wait it out". Be happy with what you have (a gorgeous new baby!) and let the rest of life's surprises come to you.
    Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 5:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009