wat should i do with my 5 years old ,who cares for playing and dressing up ,and skirts and hoe to do her hair,,and she doesn't care for studying ,,she says she is tired from studying

mamishad

Asked by mamishad at 5:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• then she is too tired for any other activities
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• What do you mean she is too tired from studying? How much studying does a 5 year odl have? Homework maybe. *shrugs*

If it's homework she doesn't want to do...maybe you can tell her that she can do those other things after her homework is done. When my son doesn't want to do his homework i tell him, "Then you can sit there and do nothing or you can do your homework." Usually after a few minutes he realizes that it would be better to just get his homework over and done with.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• What studying does a 5 year old need to do? She's a kid...she's supposed to play.
    Anonymous

• I think you should read to her instead of having her 'study'
    jennagale76

Answer by jennagale76 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My Daughter Goes to private school she is 5 years old. and her only home work is reading her reader everyday and learn her memory verse. Every once in awhile we have cursive writting to practice. There is what we do.
    1)When we get home from school I set my timer for 10 min to practice her reading. Then after when the timer goes off I go and let her play until dinner time. While I cook dinner I have her sit at the table and practice some more her reading. Then after dinner she's gets ready for bed and then I have read to me in bed.

If you set your timer for 10 min to do some of her homework if will help her not feel so over whelmed and she can play after the timer goes. I found that homeworks doesn't have to be done right then and there. Just space the home work out for her.
    lesliekaym27

Answer by lesliekaym27 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 27, 2009