What do you think of facebook removing breastfeeding pictures from women's profiles?

Facebook has only deleted pictures that show more than necessary. Like one tit in the mouth and the other hanging out for the camera. My opinion on this is facebook is very much a family website. Most parents view facebook as safe and let their children use it. I know I would'nt want my teenage son surfing facebook profiles and come across women with their breasts exposed. I am very pro-breastfeeding. I nursed my first son for two years and plan on doing the same with my second. It is natural and beautiful, but should also be somewhat private. Just because a woman's milk comes in doesn't mean her modesty goes out. In a public situation (at a store, or a website not made for titty showing) it is best to practice covering up as much as possible as courtesy towards those around. Chances are those who post exposing breastfeeding pictures are already exhibitionts and are looking for an "acceptable" to expose themselves to the world

AnnaMac

Asked by AnnaMac at 6:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If it violates the terms of service on the website they own, they can do whatever they want. Pick a new picture.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I am wondering why some would even post those pictures publicly anyway?
    Anonymous

• correction: an "acceptable" way to expose themselves to the world.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 6:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Facebook is right, those pictures should be removed!
    Anonymous

• I personally don't see the point posting photos like that in same public site.
    Anonymous

• Idk. Some women have to be very "in your face" about breastfeeding. I don't get it. I breastfed 4 kids and was always discreet about it. And I never would have posted pics of my doing so on the 'net. Sorry, but that's a bit weird to me. I can understand why Facebook would take them off if the pics violate any sort of terms of use.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• As a mom that breastfed 2 kids, I too do not see the need to put a picture up of that on something like facebook, unless you're just trying to be an ass and do it on purpose to prove some sort of point. Find something better to do than expose yourself on the internet, there are too many creeps out there for sure!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I was discreet as well, so I don't get it either.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think people are a little tightly wound. You would really have a problem with your daughter seeing exposed breasts in a nonsexual content? I think a typical britney spears video is far worse. I can't see how they can delete it if its a private account. I had Myspace delete a pic of my DD in the delivery room, she was just born and you couldn't really see anything. My account was private I was only sharing the photos with friends. But hey I guess if you want everything censored you can have a safe boring world.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i know it would be kinda wierd if i come across my classmate with her boobs popping out while breastfeeding, im not againest it, but i agree with the kids now these days have accounts in facebook and myspace and all, there should be a limit to what you can see. you dont see men's stuff all hanging out, so yeah, i agree.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2009