• In the Spotlight:

Am I the only one who feels like they wernt ment to be a mother? Please be nice.

Sometimes I just feel like I wasn't ment to be a mother or wife, I mean when my husbands always mad at me, I'm always doing something wrong. And my kids wont listion to me, only to there father. One time in a fit of rage my husband actually told me I was a bad mother, I know he was just mad and probably didn't mean it but I took it to heart. Sometimes the kids just seem to be to much for me, I aways make it through it but at times I don't think I will. My husband just tells me I'm a weak person. Please everyone be nice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• In my husband's family women stay home after they have babies, even so far as homeschooling. I am going to school and working and like it that way. I often feel like maybe there is something missing in me. I love my children (mine are great kids and my husband is so supportive and loving) but i also know that I am not the best thing for them 24/7. If I stayed home with them all the time they would miss out on the things that preschool, kindergarten, firends, other teachers, and other family members can teach them. maybe i wasn't cut out to be a mother either, but we do our best and get through it.

your hubby sounds like a real winner, ask him how much better he could do it...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Sometimes I feel like that. My kids gang up on me, make messes everywhere, and I don't know how to deal with it. I prefer working outside the home, and sometimes get frustrated when I have to stay at home alone with them. Don't worry, it's not just you.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I many days feel like I wasn't meant to be a mother and that I have made a mistake by having a child. I am just trying to take one day at a time and hope that these feelings pass. But you are not the only one, I feel your pain.
    Anonymous

• I feel like this to at times !! Your not alone !!!
    Anonymous

• I also get frustrated when i spend a whole day at home with them... during the summer when I had no classes I had to set and stick to a schedule, and them too, that way it wasn't every five minutes " mom, I need...." they knew when snack time was...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Nope. You are not alone.
    Anonymous

• You are NOT a bad mother. And what your husband is doing to you is downright abuse! Family life is not always a bed of roses. There are tough times and plenty of days that things get overwhelming. Don't think in the slightest bit that you are the only one. Our kids embarrass us, we forget all kinds of stuff and there are definitely days they get PB&J for dinner! You are not a bad mother, and being self-conscious about it shows that. You are human. So pull yourself up, DON'T listen to your husband and just keep taking care of your babies. Don't be afraid to ask for help too. We ALL need it sometimes.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I have two great kids ages 4 and 5 and I OFTEN feel like I'm not a great Mom. I see other moms and they seem SO patient and great but then you gotta wonder if they are like that all the time? We're human, we're not perfect. Really, do the best you can. Make an effort though to read and learn how to effectively parent your kids so that you do feel better and so that your husband sees you as a success and a good support person next to him. Maybe he feels stress being the only one taking control. Assert yourself with your children so that they DO listen to you and respect you. If you lose this, it's very hard to regain down the road. But overall, we all feel bad at some point in our lives about parenting. It's one incredibly underestimated and underappreciated job. Hang in there.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Oh yes do I have days like that!! Just remember they grow up one day and leave home and have their own kids who do the same crap to them ... then you get to sit back and laugh. My mother says to me all the time. You did that .. How does it feel to have it done to you?

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You're not alone by any means.

I feel like I wasn't meant to be a mother right at this moment in time. I always planned on being one a few years down the road. If you would have talked to me when I was 15 and told me that I would have a baby at 20, I would've laughed in your face.

But I guess karma has a way of biting you in the ass. Play with fire and you will get burned. I wouldn't trade my daughter for anything in the world, though. It's just such a reality check, I've grown up more in the past month than any other time in my life.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2009