Where to begin on this roller coaster of wanting to change the way I (we) eat?

It seems like all the good stuff that taste so good is so bad. I say to myself ok in morning I will start fresh, but I am so use to having my coffee and whatever I enjoyed eating that I don't make that change. Then lunch comes around and same thing I do good for 3 days and I go out and half some kind of fatten stuff I just can't seem to do this...help and I am sure I am not the only one struggling with this.
The reason for this is for my health and to look good. (I am sure this is everybodies reason).
Any personal trainers out there that can give out some small pointers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Health

• ya i need that help too
    Anonymous

• I'm not a personal trainer but the fresher you eat, the healthier. You should also be eating 5-6 small meals a day so that your metobolism is always working. Having lean protein at every meal is beneficial as well. And, don't forgot to exercise! 30-40 min a day.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 6:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• yeah, im not a trainer either but i am on a diet, i thought my diet was going to last a week like yours did, but i do agree with hgibsonorc. As i think about what is keeping me going on month 2 already is always a question but the things im doing is writing down on paper "week 1 : 26-30th"
    then when my first week is done i start on the next monday and write down "week 2 : (date)" and so on. i also bought myself a punching bag so i can kick and punch it, i already have a treadmill, and i bought wieghts.

before i bought myself these things, i made sure im going to dedicate myself to exercising, i did NOT diet the first month, but i did exercise. Now that i know that im dedicated, im now starting a diet on my second month.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Read the south beach diet. The food is so good, not even kidding here. I love the food. Even when I wasn't on the actual diet trying to lose weight I still cook food from the south beach cookbooks because it is so YUMMY! But the actual diet works really well. And you read it to understand why it works and that gets you motivated to start the diet. The first book includes some recipes but my favorite cook book is the fast and easy cookbook. Good luck!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• oh, and also have enough of something you wish to start your diet on, lets say you start with a bag of lettuce and you run out the next day, that might ruin your diet also because its gone and you dont feel like getting more at that time, if you have alot of lettuce, like 2 heads of it, then you might be willing to keep going knowing you have it there for a while.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• there are several places u can get recipes that are healthy and taste good. i found some great recipes at sparkpeople.com it is a site for people wanting to loose weight or get healthy. they have several user entered recipes that are easy to make a great tasting. the best thing is the website helps u develop healthy habits. that way when u stop using the site or diet, u kno how to stay healthy. unlike most diet programs. best thing is it is completly free!
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2009