Why didn't you try to breastfeed?

(Don't bother answering if you did try but failed)

I'm asking why the moms here who formula fed right from birth didn't bother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• because my son was a month early, and they told me since i had two epidurals and other med's that it wouldnt be a good idea because it would be in the milk. and plus my milk never actually came in. so i missed that oppurtunity. i really wanted to. but hey i couldnt so yeah.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• because I have inverted nipples so if I had breastfed, the pain would have been 10x worse than labor w/o an epidural.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 6:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Because I just didn't want to. Period. My son is a happy, healthy, intelligent , energetic, friendly 5 year old.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• CookieMom108: I nominate you for best answer! I am so sick of people looking down on nonbreast feeding moms as horrible mothers that dont deserve to have our kids because we formula feed. If I could have breastfed, I probably wouldnt have anyway.
    Anonymous

• "If I could have breastfed, I probably wouldnt have anyway."

And you wonder why people think you don't deserve your kids....?
    The answer is right there.
    Anonymous

• Anon 6:36 . . . how's the weather up there on your high horse? The way a mother decides to feed her child is none of your business and it is certainly NOT YOUR PLACE to say who DOES or DOESN'T deserve to have their kids. I breastfed and have switched to formula, so do I only half deserve my kid? Formula is fine, I was raised on formula and so were all 4 of my siblings . . . we are all just fine and healthy. How pathetic and sad of a person you must be to say such things. Were you formula fed? Do you hate your mother for it? Get over yourself!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• seriously, shut the f-up. atleast thier feeding their babies. would you rather they not?
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 6:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• This post is just going to get me ALL riled up. Breastmilk is a BIRTH RIGHT. Mother shouldnt get a choice. Breastmilk, by fact, is BEST, for ALLLLLLLL babies. Not just some babies, all babies. It's never, "what's best for mom and baby", when it comes to formula, it's simply "what's easiest for mom". Grrr. Poor little babies.
    Anonymous

• Did your mother breastfeed you?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Sadly Anon 7:18 there aren't too many wet nurses these days. Look up your history, before there was formula there were wet nurses who provided babies with breast milk when Mom couldn't or what ever the case may be. I know breast milk is better and it sure as hell is cheaper and easier. Less chance of colic.

If breast feeding isn't always in the cards for some and none of anyone's business how I or anyone feeds their child as long as they are healthy and happy
    holpar

Answer by holpar at 7:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2009