end of times?

most religions have end of times prophecies. What religion are you, and what are the prophecies your religions have and in what order do they come? Just curious, no bashing intended and no bashing from your answers please.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 6:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm Buddhist.
    We don't have an 'end times' prophecy.

There is a 'prophecy' stating that Mettaya Buddha will appear as the world's people grow more delusional & suffering increases. It's through his spiritual teachings that most of the world would attain enlightenment.

When a person attains enlightenment, they are free from the cycle of rebirth & can then choose for themselves whether or not to be reborn... so I'm guessing a lot of those enlightened people would decide not to be reborn.... which would then 'end the world' as we know it LOL A lot less traffic!

That's about as close as it gets in Buddhism.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• we just had a lesson on this and one of the things that stuck out to me was that the gospel would be taught throughout the world. which it has. there are over 13million members of the lds church which is the same as mormons. the church has grown so fast in just the last 5 yrs. in mexico is where the most heavily memberships are from. 1 million alone there. the book of mormon has been translated in soo many different languages. this seems to be coming true.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i'm christian, raised baptist, but now attending presbyterian..i'm sure there are those of both denoms that believe certain events will take place before 'the end'..for me, however, i've always been of the mind that no matter my lot in this life, my job is to be ready..to be found repented and ready to meet God without any blimish/sin left unforgiven. i don't expect to die or meet the end of the world as a perfect being, not hardly! i just rely on my God's grace/mercy to find me as a worthy heart, forgiven for all my transgressions...if what i believe to be true happens, i know who the winner is, and where i'll be after 'the end'...so, i can't say i'm waiting on any prophetic events to happen. i just want to be found faithful...and not 'unready'. my body is only dirt; my soul is God's. this should be an interesting post,though. different beliefs do dazzle me!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• its not about a religion its about a relationship with our Lord and savior Jesus Christ

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2009