Update of another question of mine

first off in case you didn't read the first post, we're moving in june, and i'm packing up most of the house. we found out we can't use the basement because when the landlord fixed the water heater, there's still water in the areas i was using for the boxes. we have no room upstairs for anything, i've been sliding the boxes under the kid's beds and in their closets. i asked if it would be a good idea to get a shed. i told hubby the same day i posted the question and he said no. that was about a week or two ago. he came home last night and told me he wants to get a bigger shed than i was going to get, so we can orginize as we go. put the boxes in groups of where they belonged and such. he acted like it was his idea!
so i guess that's what where going to do.
does it irrate you when your hubby takes your idea nad makes it seem like he just thought of out of the blue? it does me, but i guess if it wasn't for us, they wouldn't have any huh? LOL

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 8:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I would think it would be a better idea to clean up the water, why would you spend money on a shed to have for only a couple of months? I would rent a storage unit or something.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:05 AM on Apr. 27, 2012

• well... i would just be glad that your man is not so stubborn he has to hold onto old ideas when they don't make sense ;-)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 27, 2012

• or when you have an idea and he poo poos it, only to tell someone else it was a great idea and he's surprised it worked- but he never tells you?

that one's a favorite
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:08 AM on Apr. 27, 2012

• Mine does that all the time. I just laugh.

How big of a shed are your going to get? I want one as well.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2012

• Are you able to take the new shed with you or have the right to put it up at your new place now?

If not I would have gotten a storge unit first then when you are able to put the shed up at your new place transfer everything over to it.

As for dh stealing my ideas, he has not done that yet. But give him time I'm sure he will, after all he is a man lol.

Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 9:29 AM on Apr. 27, 2012

• i can't have a shed where i live now. it would grow legs and walk away the second we leave state. i was planning on getting a small one but he wants a large one so we can just put everything in it. normally around here they are $45 a month. but he's also thinking on wear and tear on the truck. he wants to get a shed near where we are planning to move and move boxes slowly out. that way we can fix up the house as we go. it needs a major paint job and we can't really get to the water until we have everything out of the way i mopped it up but now it reaks down there cuz the windows can't open at all. and i have to get pallets or crates from somewhere so i can put them down there because the floors still not dry and that was two months ago when he did that!
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2012

• Yes that would irritate me.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2012