My son hates preschool. HELP!!

My son is almost five. His preschool is actually in a elementary school. They call it k-4. Anyway he hates going to school. Every morning he wakes up and makes any illness or story to get out of going. At first I really thought he was sick. I want to talk to the teacher but since his normal teacher left in like October he has different teachers all the time. My son is very quite and shy like I was. I think other kids are being mean to him. I ask him what is wrong but he doesn't say. I really want him to like school and make friends. if he hates it now what will he be like with 12 more years? Any advise would be great.

zachysmommy04

Asked by zachysmommy04 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i would definatly talk to someone. is there a head of the school? Talk to them. Can you go in and watch during the day. my childrens preschool would allow me to drop in any time. when i pick them up i never annouce myself and i always stand quietly and watch them, mostley because they are so cute to watch play, but you never know
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 7:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Can you volunteer in his class? I do that with my son now and plan on doing it with my DD's. It's helpful in knowing what their day is like and how the teacher handles situations.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Ya, I would defintely go and talk to someone about whats going on in the classroom. It could be so many things, so it's kind of hard to say. I think volunteering there is a great idea too! Especially since theyre going thru so many teachers, might be nice to have someone there he knows, just until he gets comfortable. Best of luck to ya tho!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:43 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I am having a similar problem. My son is in pre school and he is one of the only ones that goes part time. Only in the morning to early afternoon. The other kids have each other and I feel like he is an outsider. He was talking to my oldest daughter tonight and said that he wanted a mad scientist kit so that he could make a magic potion to make the kids in his class like him. He said that he only has one friend there and it is just breaking my heart. I am so afraid that when he starts kindergarten in the fall, that he might have the same problem. Any way I know this doesn't answer your question, but maybe it will help you to realize you are not alone. Thanks for "listening"!
    jaded151

Answer by jaded151 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2009