Fondant

Hi ladies, I actually have 2 questions. I really want to try my hand at baking a cake and decorating it with fondant. I've been trying to find a good recipe for rolled fondant, something sweeter if possible. Any suggestions? Also I heard that you can buy it at the store as well. Any idea where I would start looking for it at the market? Thanks!

KrystleShaw2007

Asked by KrystleShaw2007 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• try your craft stores (I had to find it because a friend made our wedding cake) Michaels and hobby lobby have it with their other cake decorating stuff and it is usually in a box. (my boxes were purple)

Good luck!

oh yeah and i really like the taste and texture of fondant(call me crazy) but it is better if you put buttercream frosting under it.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• If you have a Smart and Final they carry it. Fondant takes some experience and a certain knack to be really good at. Fondant looks great when done right..the problem is I think it tastes like cardboard.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009