How do you deal with a cold while pregnant?and coughing?

I'm sucking on Halls and keeping my nose blowin....

MzWhitnei

Asked by MzWhitnei at 10:21 AM on Apr. 27, 2012 in Pregnancy

• The doc should have given u a list of stuff u can take...check with them but I was given the ok to take claritin for stuffiness...u can take Tylenol cold if it's not multi symptom...sudafed, robitussin DM...there are some that are ok. But check first. Sux to be sick when ur pregnant. Good luck!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:25 AM on Apr. 27, 2012

• Very warm shower, let it run down your chest and breathe in the steam. You can alo just shut your bathroom door and turn on all hot to make it steamy rub Vicks on your chest and sit in there for 10 mins
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:26 AM on Apr. 27, 2012

• Both of those answers above sound awesome! I remember when I was pregnant, I got really sick, and just stuck to the Tylonol and rested as best i could!
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 10:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2012

• feel better soon dear! Colds, especially during pregancy are just awful! I totally agree with the steamy shower. So good for your respiratory system! Drink plenty of water too. Although some medicine is safe, I'd go with the home remedies first. Drink some black tea with honey to soothe the throat! you can also gargle with warm salt water to help soothe the throat and release trapped phlegm. ad of course, rest, rest rest!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2012