Did anyone else not get their dream wedding?

When my husband and I got married, we had a very small, tiny wedding. Basically it was parents, siblings, grandparents and very few friends. After we had dinner at a nice restaurant. I feel like I was robbed. I really wanted a big wedding with a fancy dress,dancing, music and the whole nine yards I never even had a bachlorette party. Am I wrong for feeling this way? I had such big plans and I didn't have anything my way.

Rebecca7708

Asked by Rebecca7708 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I got married by a justice of the peace with a convict serving some community service as our witness. Not quite what I had pictured all my life. LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I don't think you are wrong for feeling this way at all. Every girl wants to be a princess for the day. Maybe you can have your dream wedding on a big anniversary. Really the most important thing is that you are with your prince charming and in love. Big weddings tend to be for the guests and not the Bride and Groom.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm sorry! I wish mine was different too. I know i had a big wedding but we did it kind of fast and I didn't end up with everything I had always dreamed of either. Maybe your next wedding will be a big one.

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 6:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Why didn't you wait? I know, too late to ask that. But look up, what's important is that you are happy. And if all goes well, you can plan to have a big celebration later on by renewing your vows. Keep it on your wish list.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Honestly I got mine. Just me and Hubby went up to Lake Tahoe no wedding dress normal attire. No ones drama during my wedding. Just me and him It was always the way I wanted to do it. Never wanted the stress of this or that not being ready or someone not having it. And then the family drama ooooh no! lol so yeah I got my dream wedding.
    Bayareamommy510

Answer by Bayareamommy510 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I got married in my co-worker's living room by her husband (a preacher) with maybe 10 people there, wearing black slacks,a grey top, & sneakers while 5 months pregnant & with a 3 yr old hanging on my leg. My BFF declined to attend. MY family was asking my husband-to-be "... are you sure you want to do this??" His family didn't even know about the wedding.

We then had the "reception" at Luby's --- yes, that's right --- Luby's. Everyone paid for their own meal. There was no cake. There was no toast. There was no dance.

We 'honeymooned' at a local Motel6 for 2 days. We went to Dave & Buster's, out to eat dinner, and to a movie.

On the 3rd day, my husband drove from the hotel straight to work (about 5 blocks away), and I went home.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My wedding was rediculous. We decided to get married in this big old historic church in my home town because it was beautiful and my mom's aunt lived next door and new the pastor so she could get us in. So she did... big mistake. Well, the morning of my wedding came, we walk in, and we've got like... ten roses on the pews and a bouquet up front.  Apparently, the aunt was paranoid and found the decorator in the church doing her stuff and told her "that's enough, we don't need anymore".  so she packed up and left. Then, she grabbed a trash bag and started cleaning up while half the guests were still eating. She told me to do sit ups, somebody called two of my bridesmaids ugly, and then after the wedding she told my mom's whole family that the only reason I got married was because I was pregnant!

ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• We didn't wait because My husband wanted to get married before our baby was born. He never wanted a big wedding anyway. Alot of the plans were already made when he decided that a big wedding was not for us. At the time we got married we could not afford the big wedding, but if we had waited to do it when I wanted to, we would have been all set.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I had a year to plan mine, got my dress, and had the dancing and everything but mine was kind of ruined by my Hubby's family. His mother wanted us to stand around taking pictures while we were starving (my cousin was photog and she stepped in finally and told her we needed to eat) and we didn't get cole slaw. The other side of his family all left really early. and I didn't mind (hah!) but it hurt his feelings so it bothered me. But know what? I have my prince, I am happy, and i choose to remember the great stuff (like the dancing gorilla and banana, and the cake, and how awesome MY family was) I guess my point is there will always be good and bad, and for sure you can renew your vows someday- your way!
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i wish i had gotten my dream wedding instead i had MY wedding planned out by my MIL my hubby said mom's way or no way so i was like whatever fuck it i wore her mom's wedding dress we did it her way we used her mom and ex stepdad's wedding rings which my ring has been pawned we needed the money but in a few years we are going to do a vow renewal which she will have NO say in what so ever by the way our wedding was a JOP and we didnt have anyone sign as a witness
    Anonymous