Blood in diaper!?

My 4mo girl just recently got a 2nd round of vaccinations (to include roatvirus) she had gotten before without any side affects. Well, this time, for the next 2 days, she had a low-grade fever, very sleepy, poor appetite. We held out and on day 3, yesterday, she was herself again...until she went to sleep. She acted like she was fighting sleep, arching her back, wailing... I thought she was fighting, so I tried all the normal things. Eventually, she did fall asleep...

Then this morning, she wakes up very early, and seems very discontent. Just grumpy.... she has been eating and has had normal BMs every day. Just got up from a nap and went to change her usual morning poopy diaper, and there was a streak of blood on her skin, and some blood mixed and streaked on the poop... I checked and I didnt see any outside tears, but it sure did startle me.

Of course I just googled it, and it could be an allergy? But shes already on soy formula. she has been spitting up more than normal though. Im reading everywhere that it could be NORMAL? But if it persists, to call the DR for an appt. So....anyone have experience in this area? Any words?

soldiermom1986

Asked by soldiermom1986 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 27, 2012 in Kids' Health

• I would take her to the doctor ASAP.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 27, 2012

• I'd call the doctor and see what he/she thought about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:23 AM on Apr. 27, 2012

• Yes take her in right away.
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 11:24 AM on Apr. 27, 2012

• Blood in stool is black, meaning if she's got some sort of internal bleeding, it comes out black.

Narrow down anything she ate that is red that you could confuse as blood.

Take a good look at her- if she had an especially hard BM it could be tearing or hemorrhoids.

If all that doesn't narrow it down, then call the doctor.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2012