How soon should I potty train my 2 yr old whom was 15 wks early?

He will throw himself on the ground so he don't have to sit on the potty, i've tried putting underwear on him too. He seems to be afraid of it, any suggestions?

1989_mommy

Asked by 1989_mommy at 6:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give him time. As long as you are making progress by the time he is 3 then you are on track. My son was 10 weeks early and he is now a little over 19 months old and I am not thinking about trying yet. When he is ready he will let you know. Good luck:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• He will learn at his timing don't push it...or he will continue to act this way just to see you react to the way he acts. Just tell him to go and eventually he will go some children learn early and some learn late he will soon get it just don't make a big thing of it. I used to work at a daycare and there were kids there that didn't learn til they were 4 yrs. of age. Believe it. I saw it with my two eyes. GL Be patient.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• This is not age based. Pushing him because you think he should learn is not going to work and will actually make things take longer.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2009