pain in the butt....

Literally. I have had a lot of back pain through this pregnancy and im 37 weeks. I feel achy of course but not really contractions except in my rear end. sometime it hurts so bad i cant move or walk are my contractions backwards lol. I can only think it might be caused from back pain and possibly back labor with no labor yet. Has anyone else delt with this??

mocamomma22

Asked by mocamomma22 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have you gone to the hostpital or called a doctor when i felt that pain i was i labor you could be and not know it
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 6:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• its not constant, it started somewhat this last week but today was the only day it stipped me in my tracks i had to run to the table and hang on...shoudl i call over one?

mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• A sharp shooting pain down your lower back and buttox sounds like sciatica to me. I had it during pregnancy too. Your baby is probably "lightening" by now and putting all sorts of pressure on the nerves and muscles in that area. I had horrendous backpain when I was 36+ weeks until I delieverd. I also had lower back spasms that I thought were contractions but weren't. My large (9.5lb) baby was presenting face-up and putting strain on some already sore muscles. Some women feel their contractions mostly in their backs, however, unless you're experiencing constant pain lasting a minute at a time, 5-6 minutes a part for the duration of an hour or more, it isn't labor.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2009