Want to breastfeed, with flat nipples?

I want to breastfeed again, after I have my baby soon. I tried before with my daughter but when she was 6 wks. old, i stop, cause of my flat nipples. I even used the sheilds but it was no help. Please give me advise!

teonia35

Asked by teonia35 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can buy a Lansinoh Latch Assist from target for 9.99 its for women with flat nipples you start using while your still pregnant it helps pull your nipples out
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• It's not impossible. I'd suggest seeking out your local La Leche League while still pregnant, and begin attending meetings. They are a big help.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• they say to use a breastpump for the first min or two and then latch baby the breast pump helps pull your nipples out. its not impossible it just takes alittle more patient. find out if there is a lactation specialist in your area and get in contact with them.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i had the same problem, and actually had to quit trying! good luck! maybe i can exhaust more searching with my next one. i didn't know this was a problem until after i started trying to breast feed. the nipple shield didn't work for me either. hope you work everything out!
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• one of mine were flat also,i just had to pinch my whole boob to fit in her mouth,after a few months of doing that it gets easy,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Check out "My doctor said I have inverted or flat nipples. Can I still breastfeed my baby?" at http://www.llli.org/FAQ/flat.html

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2009