Can I trust him?

I caught my husband lying about looking at porn... This confuses me, because I've told him on more than one occasion that I don't mind him looking at it, I've even told him he could rent it and I wouldn't care. But today I noticed some browser history on our computer had been erased, and asked him about it. He acted like he had no idea HOW to erase the history and said he didn't do it... Then he admitted later on that he'd been looking at porn, claiming that he was trying to find some I would like so we could "watch it together" and had erased the history so it would be a surprise... I don't believe that story. He lied about it, tried to hide it, and I can't figure out why... Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe it is  something that makes him self conscious or embarrassed. 

Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• maybe he has a thing for the star! heheh.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 6:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Also, it might be more exciting to be secretive about it. Maybe it's more fun being naughty.

Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• my hubby looks at porn on computer, for some reason he thinks it should be hiding it from me also, i dont make no big deal about it now, when i first found out, i was feeling down like maybe he wanted to look at some other perfect body then me, but then i started to understand that he has his thing he does, its just porn, he doesnt wish i was like that or he doesnt wish to cheat or anything but its just "his" time.

i have stuff of my own i rather not share with him, so i think we are even in a way.
    Anonymous

• Nah, he's just afraid to get his ass in hot water.
    I know a liar when I see one. I've been married to one!
    Anonymous

• lol i almost agree with tawanda74
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• He's just embarrass by it. Although, I understand why the lying bothers you; it would bother me too.
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 7:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'd be bothered by him covering it up. That makes me think he's hiding more than he's telling. Why lie when it' s not necessary.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 7:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• OP here - I am feeling the way Hopelessnance said - That he's hiding more than just that. I gave him a good opportunity to admit it, and he didn't, but called from work a half hour later saying that he had a "guilty conscience" and wanted to tell me before I "found out on my own", which to me says that he wanted to tell me his "story" before I figured out the truth first. So, I don't know what to think...
    Anonymous

• Young, Inmature, and told a Story ......
    Kay300

Answer by Kay300 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2009