how can i move my 2 mth old out of my bed?

i said i wouldn't, but i did i put my baby in bed with me and now i am having problems getting him to sleep in his crib. he will go to sleep fine with you holding him and sleeping with me and my husband will stay asleep for 7 1/2 hrs but as soon as i lay him in his crib, no matter how asleep he is his eyes pop wide open. any advice??

jacksonsmom5908

Asked by jacksonsmom5908 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well if your dont wanna make the problem worst , you should stop letting him sleep with you. i had a hard time getting my baby 2 sleep long hours at first, tried everything. but by you sticking with putting them in the crib eventually, they should sleep. i dont think theres any easy way to do it other than putting them in the crib and letting them cry a little.
    deathmetalblack

Answer by deathmetalblack at 6:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• oh man!! u can start by putting him down in his crib while he naps...at night though put him in his crib and let him cry it out...leave him for 5-10 min...if he's still crying go 2 him and rub his tummy...sing 2 him...simply let him know u r there 4 him...but don't pick him up...THIS IS VERY HARD!!! If it goes on 4 more than 20-30min then pick him up and rock him and try it again...You might not sleep 4 the first few nights but this will work!! I had this problem w/my daughter...she turned 1 and she was still sleeping in our bed!! This worked like a charm though!! Be stern and consistant!! Best of luck!!!
    JulieFrancesca

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 6:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Wait till he is REALLY, REALLY tired and lay him in the crib, he may cry for 5 minutes or so but he will fall asleep. I did this with both of my boys, and it even made me cry, but after a couple nights of this they even started sleeping through then night! My second son starting sleeping through the night at one month old! Good Luck!
    wtkgyoung

Answer by wtkgyoung at 6:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Me and my husband did the same thing! We started her out in the bed, then worked our way to the baby bouncer for a few nights, right next to us. Then we made her a big pallet in the floor with lots of soft comfy blankets for a few nights, to get her used to layin flat like she would in the crib. Then finally slipped her into her crib and we had no problems! She even slept better in her own bed.
    MalloryW

Answer by MalloryW at 7:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• we are dealing with the same problem with our 3 month old. Try this- swaddle him really good, rock him til you know he's alseep, (we do the dead arm trick, when you lift the arm and it falls like dead weight, no flinching),lay the headrest from the carseat in the crib, and lay him in it. He'll feel secure. it's still a work in progress for us, but it is working, he's sleeping longer and longer periods of time. good luck- I know how frustrating this is
    bttrfly8605

Answer by bttrfly8605 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• try a teddy bear or other stuffed animal at the head of the bed the kind that have the heart beat.
    jazysmom08

Answer by jazysmom08 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I found a boppy pillow at WalMart that I used for my son when he was around two months old, he didn't sleep with us, really he didnt sleep at all...lol
    Anyway, it had a strap that came up between the legs and he was so small I would swaddle him really good and lay a blanket on the boppy and rock him to sleep then lay him on the boppy pillow and pull the strap up so he could not slip down and he still felt like he was being held and thats how I got him to sleep peroid.
    Also keep in mind that it will not be an easy transition for anyone, but it wont last forever, remember you are a good parent for getting him used to sleeping in his own bed (as a child who used to sleep with the parents its hard for me to sleep alone as an adult, thats why our son didnt sleep with us...not to mention SIDS). Just be consistent and it will pay off in the end!
    ajjc775

Answer by ajjc775 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2008