Has anyone gone to the doctor for an ultrasound and they aske what your first day of your last period was and they say you should be 7 weeks but are only measuring at 5 weeks. I was wondering if anyone has had that happen before?

I was just wondering if anyone has gone in for an ulstrasound and you aren't as far along as to what the calculations from the first day of your last period. I am measuring at 5 weeks but from the calculations I should be 7 weeks.

linnear

Asked by linnear at 7:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That specific scenario? No. For me, my son never measured up to whatever weekage I was though. You could have become pregnant any time between the first day of your last period and when you tested that you were pregnant (missed your period) which gives some room to work with. Therefore, the date calculation isn't always accurate. The ultrasound is usually what is acurate.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Yes, I did have that happen to me! I was supposed to be 12 weeks along, but my measurements and uterus size were only 8 weeks... The outcome wasn't good for me though... I ended up losing my baby at 8 weeks along, so thats why my uterus and everything stopped growing. I'm sure your's is a completely different situation, but it did happen to me!
    Anonymous

• This happened with both my pregnancies. With both, the ultrasounds showed I was 6 weeks along, but my last period had been 12 weeks prior. If you don't ovulate on a regular schedule this is common. Early ultrasounds are VERY accurate. I wouldn't worry about it. Congrats!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 7:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Yes. I went in for a u/s and the dates didn't match and were off by 2 weeks. Apparently I was going to be late with my period that month anyway if it had came. They used the u/s dates which were consistant through out the pregnancy and not my lmp. I did have the baby at 38 weeks but she looked 38 weeks and was only 5lbs 4oz so she very well might have been. Also when I took a prg test at home the first time I would have been a week late and it was negative. A week later it was positive and it was my first child so I thought that was normal. I was pregnant when I took the first test just not as far as I thought and not far enough for it to come up positive yet.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Do you mean to say that your period started 7 weeks ago and that you conceived 5 weeks ago, thus measuring 5 weeks?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Yes that happened to me. They said my due date according to my last period would be jan 25th, 09. According to the ultrasound my due date was feb 3, 09. Well he was born 1-11-09, so I dont know if they screwed up or what, but it can happen.
    Anonymous