How old does a kid have to be to cornrow thier hair?

My son is almost 1 and his hair is like 5 inches long (ringlets) I want to braid his hair but is his scalp too tender and should i do it when he;s asleep? cuz thats what i heard

MannYzmaMa

Asked by MannYzmaMa at 6:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldnt do it to a boy and I wouldnt do it at this young age. I wouldnt do it on anyone at any age. Be careful stearing you child in the wrong direction.
    Anonymous

• wrong direction? wow!...i wasnt aware your hair dictated your behavior when you were 1.....hmmmm..... i think 1 might be a little too young...it will probaby hurt his head....wait until he's about 2 i would say.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I wouldn't "steer him in the wrong direction" by teaching him that a person's hairdo dictates what kind of person they are.

I know nothing about this, but I can't believe that first answer. As long it doesn't hurt your son tp put in the braids, who cares what his hairdo is?
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My neighbor has her son's hair in cornrows... he is 1 1/2. I don't know if they do it while he's sleeping or if they just pin him down. If you really want me to ask her, I will...
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• Because one thing leads to another and then before you know it you have a bad apple
    Anonymous

• One thing lead to another? What will a baby's hairdo lead him to? Being cute???
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• One thing leads to another? Are you for real? This is not the 1950s. Plenty of people with short hair are bad apples...hmmm let's see didnt Hitler have short hair?
    Anonymous