need sidedishes to go with pocket sushi

If you know what it is, can you help me with possible sides to serve with it? Right now thats the only thing on the menu!

rosesNclovers

Asked by rosesNclovers at 7:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Woo hoo! Enjoy! (yum, edamame with ginger dip...drools) Also, WAY OT and after this I will stop posting useless answers to this, but Sam's Club has a huge 5 lb bag of frozen edamame for $4.79.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• A veggie assortment with some pickled ginger and wasabi dip is always simple and a good choice. Also, since pocket sushi generally contains so actual sushi or meat, you could serve with some steamed shrimp on ice and a ginger mayo dipping sauce or something. When serving sushi (which is finger food and actually an insult in Asia to eat with utensils) it's a good idea to keep other dishes finger friendly as well.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Thanks navy wife. I might have shrimp in the feezer. It was kind of a last minute choice on the inari sushi so I'm not exactly prepared:P
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 7:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• If you use the peel and eat shrimp, and easy ginger mayo is just 1 inch of fresh ginger grated and 1/3 cup mayo. You can thin it with a little lemon juice and it is sooooo tastey on shrimp (...and chicken and everything else in the world...lol). Also, I'm assuming you have a good recipe, but I like to use this one.
    http://www.nzlifeandleisure.co.nz/node/714
    It's okay if your not prepared, lol, as long as your adventurous!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I don't know if I have fresh ginger(might have some stowed in the freezer too, but not sure) will ground work?
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 7:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I've never tried it with ground, I would think it would work, but would def add a little lemon (bottled will work) or a little vinegar if you don't have that to brighten up the flavor if you use ground.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• woohoo! Just checked my freezer...not only did I have a hunk of ginger, but also a bag of edamame! Another favorite with my kids. I think they'll enjoy dinner tonight!
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 7:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Score! thanks for the ideas. I probably could've come up with something, but dinner time is like now, and I panicked!
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 7:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2009