How do you feel about alimony being paid out when NO CHILDREN are involved?

Just ex-husband to wife? Just wondered?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that's pretty lame! WHY can't the woman (I'm assuming) work?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• That would suck for the man and good for the woman :)

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think if you don't have kids there's not reason why you can't have a job. JMO. I think it's a little silly. Like you were just mooching off your hubby.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• LOL butterfly!
    Anonymous

• If the wife stayed at home and was supported by the hubby then he should pay but only for long enough to get her on her feet ( a strict limit should be set) I'd take it on a case by case basis, but particularly if the hubby did not want the wife to work or go to school, leaving her with no skills.

this is my humble, non alimony recieving opinion.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 7:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I would love it:)
    Anonymous

• I think you should be responsible for yourself,Get off the ass and get a job.
    Anonymous

• I think in certain cases, for example if the hubby has a REALLY good job and wanted his wife to stay home and do whatever, and then all of a sudden leaves her, then she has nothing and it takes at least a few months to get back on your feet starting from nothing, then yeah make him pay like, a years worth of alimony or something, until she learns to be self sufficient, but when they are paying for YEARS i think its ridiculous.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Luckyclown got to it before me....yeah what she said :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think it depends on the situation. There are marriages out there where the wife doesn't work, she stays home and takes care of the home and ends up with no qualifications, so it's hard for her to find decent work if they divorce. In cases like that, I think it's necessary.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 7:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2009