losing your mucous plug.

What are the things you should avoid doing?
What happens if you dont know you lost it,will you automatically know?

For example: i use prescription contacts,bad eye sight,in the mornings i go straight to the bathroom to urinate and i dont look in the toilet when i flush obviously i wouldnt be able to see anything until i put my contacts on,so what if i lose it while urinating in the morning and i dont realize it? has or can that happen to anyone?

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A majority of women never see their mucus plug.
    It doesn't necessarily mean you're going into labor, it just means that labor is close. Why? Because when your cervix is dilating in your last trimester, it dislodges the mucus plug and causes it to fall out. All it means is- Hey! You're dilating! Some women lose it in bits and pieces. Some women never see it at all because they only dilate to one centimeter before their due date (some women don't dilate at all!)
    If you lose your plug, don't be alarmed. It doesn't mean the baby is on his way out. It just means your body is doing what it should to prepare for the birth.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 7:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I suppose that could happen, but I think the majority of women (at least from what I have seen on here - as well as my own experience) know they lost it from having so much extra mucus when wiping. So if that is the case with you then you would probably know.

Oh, and you shouldn't have sex after losing your plug because you are then open to infection since your cervix is not sealed anymore.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:32 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• It could happen, but then contractions would come to let you know your in labor, so dont worry.
    Anonymous

• My first 3 all came out in one HUGE blob it was kinda like having a micro baby.... this time around i only lost peices at a time!! You really dont NEED to know if you have lost it or not it doesnt mean your going into labor anytime soon i always lost mine 3 weeks ahead of time and still had to be induced, its not like needed to know if your water broke or not!! And you can have sex if you have lost your mucus plug!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• YOU DO NOT NESSASARILY GO INTO LABOR AFTER YOU LOOSE IT MOST WOMEN DONT ITS JUST YOUR BODY PREPARING!! IT COULD BE WEEKS!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2009