Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help, tax filing question!!

Ok so we are going through all the right steps to get my DH to become a citizen of the US, BUT he does not have a SSN. How am I supposed to file properly when I can't enter a SSN for my spouse. Please help I don't know what to do! And yes he is here legally so please don't leave any nasty comments I just need some advice.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • i would call one of thoes tax places. I would make sure you get the proper answer, you do not want to do this incorrectly. find a place with free tax advice

    Answer by Thalie at 7:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • I hope this helps.


    Answer by cm08 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • If CM08 didn't help, I would recommend calling the taxpayers helpline at the IRS and ask them what they recommend (Definately document who you spoke to and when in case someone else tries to say it was bad advice. :) ... No, the IRS *never* second guesses itself. No accountant has ever spend hours dealing with the idiots before!! hehe)

    Answer by ferdo0204 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • If you are planning on having prof. tax prep, I would be sure and call HR Block and ask for a "premium office." These are the specific offices that can deal accurately with this kind of situation. I personally would not tackle the complexity of filing myself for this.

    Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.