I got laid off from work and im wondering if there is any good advice for wedding ideas?

I was just curious if anyone has any advice on like wedding decorations that i can do myself to keep down the cost of spending as much as possible.

tber22

Asked by tber22 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• well, i did my entire wedding myself. it wasnt fancy, but was rather cheap. hobby lobby was my best friend! we made our invitations, bouquets. we used chirstmas icicle lights along the rows. there was an archway on sale for $30... if u like lace, u can make bows. u should get wedding mags for ideas. some even show u how to do it urself... do u have ne friends that specialize in nething? have someone make the cake, do ur hair, host the party for free. that saved us a lot of money. let me kno if u need more specifics
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 7:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• check for ideas on line, or go to an arts and craft store, we have a Michaels here and they have great wedding stuff.
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 7:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I am by profession a florist. You can get really good deals on fresh flowers for your wedding on line. look under wholesale cut flowers. buy whats in seaon and adding greenery to your boquets and arrangements, and filler flowers( babys breath, misty blue) can really cut down on the cost. as well as having attendents carry only a few flowers rather than a whole boquet. they also sell wedding packages that come with all the flowers you need for a wedding. They usually run about
    $200.00 and up. when you order your flowers avoid a friday delivery date. order them a couple days early , keep them some place fairly cool and in cool water.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Have you considered waiting until you get another job and can afford a wedding?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Why are you getting married right now and you are laid off? This economy is gonna get worse before it gets better. What would you do if you spend this money on your wedding (no matter how little you try to spend) and you do not go back to work for maybe a year or so? Basically what will you gain by getting married right now, rather than waiting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• The reason we are gettin married still after i got laid off is because we already got the reception hall...the church...and the food...the cake..the dresses...so we kinda cant put it on hold...because we dont get our money back for all of that stuff...thats y im trying to keep the rest as cheap as possible. thanks.
    tber22

Answer by tber22 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• also oriental trader has many nice decorations and favors for pretty cheap. fiftyflowers .com is one of my favorite wholesalers for the flowers. best wishes and goodluck.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 2:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2009