CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN?

Why people who pay no taxes and even get earned income credit checks back from the government should even concern themselves with where tax dollars go?
It just seems kind of strange to me?
For anyone who becomes inflammed by this question, it is a legitimate question.

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 7:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i agree. if they dont pay taxes they have no right to say anyting about where the moey goes.
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 7:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• The same goes for people who don't vote, they should not be allowed to express a political opinion! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Just because I get my taxes back doesn't mean I don't have a say in where the money is spent. As a CITIZEN of this country I do have the RESPONSIBILITY to tell my representatives where I think the money should be spent and what would be a waste.
    Anonymous

• Stupid Question. EVERYONE pays taxes. Taxes on your food, clothes, car, electronics, house......income taxes aren't the only taxes. So yeah, EVERYONE has a say.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Why is it you think that Grace? Are you afraid they might get some of the money you paid in?
    Anonymous

•     YES, everyone pays taxes on food, clothes, cars, etc.

BUT, not everyone pays income taxes. Some pay none or get them all back as earned income credit. SO, it's NOT equal.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Does this mean if I qualify for EIC this year I don't have to pay my property taxes? Awesome!!!!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

•  

ALL property owners pay property taxes.

BUT, you pay them to local government.

EIC comes from the federal government.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• And that is irrelevant. I have as much say on where my federal sales tax goes as I do on where my local property taxes go. That's why I'm allowed to vote in federal, state, and local elections, whether you like it or not.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Wow. Seperate... those who pay taxes get more of a say than those of us who don't make enough for the government to pay. Sounds like the wealthy getting to decide how to spend all the nation's money and the poor don't get a say. Those who need help getting shut out of the system. No, we are all equal and we all have an equal say. Like it or not.
    Anonymous