If my kids were receiving Medicaid and I get a job that has the option of medical insurance,will my kids automatically not qualify for Medicaid anymore?

My new job offers medical but at a high price(of course) and I wouldn't be able to afford medical for me and both of my sons(I'll only be making $2000 before taxes).But they are on Medicaid.SO would they still let them be on Medicaid,since I still meet the income requirements?Or would they make me get it through my job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• Not necissarily....You will have to take that up with the Medicaid people....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 7:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I know I misspelled that word..... ^
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 7:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My SIL had medicaid for her son while her and her dh were out of work....and when he found a good job with GREAT insurance she contacted medicade to see what to do about coverage and he was still covered for a YEAR was complete.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:57 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Thank you
    Anonymous

• You would have to talk to the state about that. However, I know Missouri and Illinois covers children regardless of your income.
    Anonymous

• They go by your income. I don't think it should be affected as long as you don't apply for that insurance and your income is low enough.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2009