Long Distance Relationship?

The father of my child (also my bf) lives really far away. It's almost a 4 hour drive. It's really hard for me because I feel like I'm not emotionally supported simply because he's not here to hug me and love me. I know he cares that's not even a question but what can I do to feel the love a little more? Any ideas?

xHeiligx

Asked by xHeiligx at 3:35 AM on Apr. 28, 2012 in Relationships

• In today's world of techy gadgets there are countless ways to stay in touch frequently throughout the days. Cell phones, email, instant messaging, skype.
    How long is the LDR going to be?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:35 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• It's my belief that a LDR can only work if you know that there will be an end to the separation.

I survived one because I came "home" every 10 weeks and stayed for 3-4. They were moments to look forward to and were very intense. Another thing that I did was to write to him every day. Not a letter every day but, at the end of a day, I wouild sit down and tell him abouit my day in writing. It made me feel a lot closer to him. When I had covered a certain number of sheets, I'd post it.

So when are you planning to be together for good?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Find a bf closer to you that gives you the time of day.
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 6:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2012

• There is no substitute for the physical comfort afforded by having one's spouse near, especially during the emotional and physical changes of pregnancy. Granted, there are times when separation cannot be avoided, but if there is any kind of choice, that choice would be the preferred. My husband and I have been married more than 47 years, and from the beginning, even one night apart has been painful for both of us. I cannot imagine having borne 3 children and a miscarriage without his ever present love and support. Even when he had to travel on business, we would talk several times a day, and this was before cell phones. I don't think there is anything you yourself can do to "feel the love a little more", and that makes me very sad for you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:24 AM on Apr. 28, 2012

• I'm not sure. We could be living this far apart for at least another year. He comes up every 2 weeks for 2 days though and I used to go down for a week at a time but I can't now because of the pregnancy.
    xHeiligx

Comment by xHeiligx (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Move
    Iloveclay

Answer by Iloveclay at 6:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• There's really nothing you can do, alone, to feel the love more. Together, you could work on being able to communicate more. Skype, texting, email - all quick, convenient ways to be able to keep in touch throughout the day. Find time to Skype so you can see each other's faces every day. If you're not able to find the time, I'd question why. If it's only a 4 hour drive, time differences shouldn't be an issue (or not enough of one to matter), so you should be able to find 10 minutes once a day (even if you have to get up early, stay up late, or whatever) to chat.

Maybe he could come up more often? Or you could meet halfway so you split the cost and the drive time so you can see each other more often?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2012